Tips Tuesday – Living Plastic Free Part 2
Last week we started a month long Tips Tuesday segment on Living Plastic Free! It has motivated me at home and work how about you? We can always do more!
Kitchen Ware Continued!
- Choose a glass blender.
- Spin salad without plastic.
- Choose a stainless steel ice cube tray.
- Use stainless steel popsicle molds.
Make It From Scratch
- Make your own yogurt without a yogurt maker!.
- Make your own soy or nut milk.
- Make your own condiments.
Make your own snacks.
No More Plastic Trash Bags
- Compost food waste.
- Clean with vinegar and water.
- Baking soda is a fantastic scouring powder.
- Use powdered dishwasher detergent in a cardboard box.
- Hand wash dishes without plastic.
- Use natural cleaning cloths and scrubbers instead of plastic scrubbers and synthetic sponges:
- Wash laundry with soap nuts or laundry powders without a plastic scoop.
- A reusable Swiffer cloth is great for those of us who already own a Swiffer mop.
- Use natural rubber gloves.
Many alternatives to plastic can be found on line, awesome metal, and glass products and recipes that support plastic free living AND in turn provide greater nutrition with less fillers and chemicals. Until next week when we continue our quest for complete Plastic Free Living!